The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) launched its new human trafficking awareness campaign, Your Roads, Their Freedom, this week. The campaign seeks to raise awareness of human trafficking in the commercial motor vehicle (CMV) industry. This effort aims to educate and empower CMV drivers and other transportation-industry employees to recognize the signs of human trafficking and report the crime to authorities.
The campaign seeks to give the nation’s 8.7 million commercial motor vehicle drivers important information to help identify and report suspected human trafficking.
What is Human Trafficking?
Understand how to recognize the indicators of human trafficking and learn how to report it. Learn the Signs
Download and share resources to raise awareness of human trafficking in the CMV industry. Campaign Resources
Regulations and Laws
Learn about laws and FMCSA rules developed to raise awareness and prevent human trafficking crimes. Regulations
More from the FMCSA…
If you see (or suspect) any indicators of human trafficking, assess the situation. Do not attempt to confront a suspected trafficker or engage with a victim. Instead, please get in touch with local law enforcement directly. Report to:
- 9-1-1, if someone is in immediate danger.
- The National Human Trafficking Hotline. (Línea Directa Nacional de Trata de Personas)
- Call (888) 373-7888 or text HELP or INFO to BeFree (233733). (Texto 233733 o BEFREE)
- This national, toll-free hotline is available to answer calls from anywhere in the country, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. The hotline is operated by a nongovernmental organization funded by the federal government; it is not a law enforcement or immigration authority.
- Your company/organization.
- Follow your company’s reporting policy if they have one in place.