third Party Administration (TPA) program

As the NHMTA SIGT grew, the Workers’ Compensation Claim Management and Administration Services were brought in-house. 


This established NHMTA as a third party administrator for workers’ compensation. 


On January 1, 2008, we became the third party administrator for another self-insured group, the New Hampshire Hospitality Compensation Trust (NHHCT)


Our attention to aggressive claims management, workplace safety and a deeply discounted network of health providers has proven successful in reducing the costs of claims. 


We currently service over 350 New Hampshire employers as a local based third party administrator. Our successful track record and superior service have resulted in cost savings for those in our workers’ compensation programs. 


NHMTA Services, Inc. would like the opportunity to meet with you to discuss your needs in the area of Workers’ Compensation Claim Administration, Nurse Case Management, Loss Prevention Services or overall program administration. 


We offer the following a la carte services: 

  • Claims Administration
  • Aggressive claims handling
  • Personal visits on lost time claims
  • Attendance at all Department of Labor hearings
  • Second Injury Fund investigations
  • Subrogation recoveries 
  • Managed Care Nursing support
  • Prompt access to quality medical care
  • Extensive Provider Network with discounts
  • Referral to specialty care

Loss Control

  • Program evaluation and development
  • Site inspection
  • Hazard indentification & evaluation 
  • Attendance at client safety meetings
  • Training programs
  • Ergonomic evaluation


  • Issue policies
  • Handle DOL and NCCI reporting
  • Provide Certificates of Insurance (COI’s) 
  • Claims reporting

managed care program

Your managed Care Workers’ Compensation Program is called NHMTA/Genex. This program has been designed to assist your employees who sustain a work-related injury/illness. It is a partnership between the injured worker, their employer, and NHMTA.


NHMTA/Genex Assistance: 

  • Assigns a nurse case manager to act as an impartial advisor and coordinate your health care. 
  • Assist your injured worker in selecting an appropriate medical provider from the program network, upon request. 
  • Assist with out-of-network treatment when appropriate. Out-of-network treatment is only allowed in special circumstances, as defined by law in cases of emergency care, reoccurring treatment within six months, or written approval from the Commissioner of Labor. You or your injured worker will need to notify NHMTA when out-of-network treatment has been received, or when requesting this option. 
  • Facilitate communication between the injured worker, the employer, healthcare providers, and any other involved parties. 

 Employee’s Roles & Responsibilities: 

  • Report the injury or medical condition to their supervisor(s) or employer representative immediately.
  • Fill out the necessary forms to document the injury or illness.
  • Select a health care provider from the NHMTA/Genex Medical Plan for NH network of providers (Access the network by visiting and selecting Genex provider pathway for provider choice and selection). Out-of-network treatment does require special pre-authorization and permission from your case manager. 
  • Assistance from your nurse case manager at NHMTA is only a toll free number away at: 1-866-248-6573.  
  • After seeking medical treatment, submit a copy of the New Hampshire Workers’ Compensation medical form to your employer ASAP.
  • Prompt access to quality medical care
  • Extensive Provider Network with discounts
  • Referral to specialty care

Employer’s Roles & Responsibilities 

  • Offers assistance with seeking medical treatment
  • Assists with provider selection 
  • Refers injured worker to the NHMTA nurse case manager 
  • Provides temporary alternative duty work when appropriate
  • Maintains open communication with NHMTA 

Network Provider Roles & Responsibilities

  • Provide prompt and appropriate medical care (generally within 24-48 hours). 
  • Work collaboratively with the NHMTA nurse case manager to ensure an optimal recovery is obtained.
  • Make specialty referrals as needed. 
  • Communicate medical information to your injured worker, the employer, and NHMTA case manager using the New Hampshire Workers’ Compensation medical form. 

Frequently Asked Questions

can my injured worker be treated with their own pCP (primary Care provider)?

Treatment with PCP’s are discouraged for work-related injuries/illness. 

are there limitations on the number of types of providers my injured workers' can treat with?

In general, there is one primary treating provider in workers’ compensation treatment; however, an injured worker could be treated with multiple providers of different specialties at the same time. This is why NHMTA encourages the involvement of case management services for the purpose of overseeing, coordinating, and directing medical treatment to achieve optimal outcomes with recovery and return to work plans. 

do you recommend a specific type of provider for intitial medical treatment?

If non-emergent care is required, an occupational health specialist is the provider of choice. Also, direct specialty care is allowed (ie: if your injured worker sustains an eye injury, then seeking treatment from an ophthalmologist /eye specialist is an acceptable situation. 

download our
contact directory

download our
workers' compensation
claims Manual